I cannot believe that our baby is 4! (Not to mention that Maggie is 9 and Will is 7!!) I feel like I am caught in life's whirlwind, and it is so fun, and I love, love, LOVE being a mother with every detail that comes with the title, but, alas, it is a whirlwind which will be over before I realize it. Our days of diapers, high chairs, bibs and crib sheets are gone as far as we know, and now we have book bags, soccer cleats, ballet shoes and bike helmets to take up the space. I definitely get more sleep than in the earlier days, and I don't really have the excuse of having to get myself and 3 children ready when I am late, yet even with homeschooling, we stay pretty busy, and I am ready for sleep at 9:00! God is so good though. Even with all the change, He is the faithful Rock who is and will forever be the same loving, gracious, sovereign God who has blessed us with these three kiddos. How thankful I am to Him -- how dependent I am
on Him when I begin to grow sentimental or frustrated or overwhelmed.
Isaiah 26:3-4: "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal."
Forgot to mention that our van got scratched and dented at the soccer field last Saturday. Thankfully, the driver left a very kind note, and his insurance agent has already called.
wonderful words. thanks for the great party!
ReplyDelete